Event at Nathan Phillips Square!
On June 20, for World Refugee Day, millions of Canadians will come together to raise awareness and vital funds for the over 60 million forcibly displaced people worldwide - over half of whom are children.
Amnesty International, Canadian Foodgrains Bank, CARE Canada, Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture, COSTI Immigrant Services, Humanitarian Coalition, Islamic Relief Canada, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam-Québec, Plan International, Save the Children, Sojourn House, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and World Vision are collaborating to put together an event at Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto from 11:30 am – 3pm. Come by and learn more about this unprecedented crisis.
Want to know what we have planned at Nathan Phillips Square on June 20?
Here are some of the activities we have planned!
- Listen to Tom Cochrane show his support for World Refugee Day!
- Try walking with a pail on your head, like many women around the world still do.
- Visit a child-friendly-space - often one of the only places displaced children can go to feel safe and secure.
- Take a virtual reality tour and find out, through the eyes of a young boy, what it feels like to live in a refugee camp.
- Hear refugee stories at the Human Library
- Meet organizations working with refugees in Canada and abroad
- And much more!
Be sure to join us at 11:30 am on Monday June 20, 2016 at Nathan Philips Square in Toronto.
For more updated information, please visit our Facebook page.
- Amnesty International
- Canadian Foodgrains Bank
- CARE Canada
- COSTI Immigrant Services
- Humanitarian Coalition
- Islamic Relief Canada
- Oxfam Canada
- Plan International
- Save the Children
- Sojourn House
- World Vision